I seem to have noticed that most people begin blogs when they have babies in order to keep family and friends updated on all the new and exciting events of their children's lives. Well, we don't have a baby...a human one at least. Ill get to him later :)
I'm Shantel and I will be the one posting probably 100% of the time. Our Perry clan consists of myself, my husband Drew and our new little Golden Retriever, Charlie. I am blogging because I thought it would be a nice way for our family to check in on us in a more humorous way. It's also a great place to post daily, family photos. You're welcome.
My wonderful husband Drew and I have been married for a little over a month now. It's been wonderful and I know that I couldn't ask for more in a husband. He literally fits "my list". Ladies, you know exactly what I'm talking about. What people find most surprising is that we have only been together as a couple for almost 9 months this month. Hey, when you know, you know, right? We went to high school together at the ever-so-special Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, TN. Yes I knew Drew and we even had the same group of Friends but I guess I wasn't cool enough to get invited to the parties at his parents house that all our Friends still mention. I guess it's not his fault. I always had an excuse that probably had to do with swim practice. We were not high school sweethearts and I'm not even sure we had any classes together but I knew who Drew was. He was the soccer player or known to me more as Kyle Scoble's best friend. So flash forward to August, 2009 at Abigail Hale's birthday dinner. It was the first time I had seen drew in 7 years! You're probably expecting me to say that there were immediate sparks and it was love from that point right? Nope. We were both "dating" people. I say "dating" because we both were in long-distance relationships and wanted to believe it was dating but not really. So how did we end up together? Well one day in early December I was driving to work and I saw Drew in his car leaving where I was headed. So later that night I sent him a facebook message telling him that we should hang out since we lived so close. I was just being nice. To my surprise he sent me one back saying yea and we made a date. Now I can say that from the night of December 18th on I was done. He was the one and I knew it. (By the way, we weren't "dating" anyone anymore. No home wrecking here.) Now I just had to figure out how to get through the date I made for later that night with someone else! Haha! Drew still doesn't let me live that one down. Four months later he proposed and three months after that we were married. I could go into the details of the proposal and the wedding but most anyone who reads this knows all that and has probably heard it more than once.
So here we are in the honeymoon phase of our marriage which I couldn't imagine ever getting over this stage. We have such a love for Life, God, and our family and I hope that whoever reads this, whether we know you or not, finds some things funny and learns a little bit about who we are as a family and will journey through the growing the perry Clan in the years to come. I'm not promising a daily entry because believe me our lives aren't that much different than those of you reading this today, but I will try to get a weekly one in with tons of pictures of our rapidly growing Charlie bear.
Enjoy Our Blog!
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Pslam 62:1-2
No comments:
Post a Comment