This is Charlie and his cousin Chloe. Chloe is sitting so pretty!
It's finally Fall here is Middle Tennessee! The leaves have changed and the air is cooling off. Drew's soccer season has come to an end and I think it was a pretty good season but he may tell you otherwise. I'm so proud of my hard working hubby! As you know with Fall comes a great holiday that means so much to many people...THANKSGIVING! To me Thanksgiving means family and the beginning of the Christmas season, the best month of the year in my opinion. This year's Thanksgiving is going to be a bit different for Drew and I. Mostly because it's our first major holiday together as a married couple but we are taking a trip to visit my Nanny and Papa in Charleston. This will be Drew's first Thanksgiving away from his family but I hope he feels like he is still with family. We are really looking forward to the gorgeous drive through the mountains in North Carolina on our way to Charleston. We decided to take the trip to spend some time with my Grandparents after some tough months health-wise following our wedding. Not to worry, everyone seems to be doing great :) I can't wait to share pictures of our trip!
Another new thing happening with us is that we have been serving with our church. Not anything extraordinary but just greeting on Sunday mornings. We have enjoyed our church so much that we are doing what we can to become members hopefully soon. This past Sunday, our preacher, Jay, preached the message of contentment. I believe that in our society we tend to never be content with our lives and what God has given us. It is the perfect time of year to sit back and think of everything in our lives that is good, and even things that you thought were or are bad that may open doors of opportunities. God takes care of his children and has a plan for all of us, don't fight that battle. A small portion of the MANY things God has given me is a husband that I could of never dreamed to have, a gorgeous little puppy that loves me unconditionally, friends and family who seem to always show up when I need them, a Faith that is growing every second I live, and more time to spend with my family ever since letting go of my last job. There are sacrifices we all make to have certain things but just remember that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice so we may have eternal life. Our sacrifices are dim in comparison.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16
No comments:
Post a Comment