Well we made it through our first multi family Christmas, and it was fun. We first went to the 'boro and spent Christmas Eve with my side of the family where we had some yummy finger foods and played Cranium. Pretty hilarious actually. Christmas morning we opened gifts at about 6:30 and were done in an hour. probably a record for us. Here is a great photo from the chaos that is wrapping paper after the fiasco...
In the raw!
Around 10:30 Drew and I headed out of the 'Boro into Spring Hill to spend the rest of Christmas day with his side of the family. I must say that I did miss my Dad's country cooking but Rebecca outdid herself with all the yummy apps and a great dinner to top it off. No wonder no one tries to diet over the holidays! I would go crazy! Overall we had a beautiful Christmas Day and I couldnt have asked for more from our lovely families. Here are some photos of Drew opening some gifts over at the Perry home in Spring Hill...
Here are some more photos I have from Christmas Day.
Our new Hope Chest from mom and Dad!
Charlie and his Christmas Reindeer
Classic Christmas with the boys in Dad's lap
MawMaw and PawPaw Perry opening their surprise flat screen from Tom, Rebecca, Bob and Karen.
I love PawPaw's face.
As you can see Drew's Grandparents are the epitome of a young spirit. Just 5 days later we celebrated Mawmaw's 80th birthday at Maggiano's, family style. It was so fun and it was really fun to watch mawmaw open a box that contained a rolled up stream of money that never seemed to end. Very fun!
So here is to a wonderful 2011 and the memories of 2010 that I am sure many of us from The Commander and Perry family will never forget. Here are some of those memories...
April- Drew Proposed at Biltmore
June- Little Grant Grugett is born. Making Drew and I first time Uncle and Aunt, Tom and Rebecca first time grandparents
July- Drew and I got married
August- Drew and I get the greatest puppy ever, Charlie Bear!
December- First family Christmas as a Perry, Mawmaw turned 80!
I would also like to say to all the family members that we were not able to spend any time with over the Holiday period that we love you very much...Nanny Ida, Aunt Kay, Uncle Jerry, Aunt Dale, Uncle Glenn, Stuart and Stefani, Uncle Bob & Aunt Karen, Celeste & Jonathan, Blake & Grace and the newest member of the Perry family, Brooks!

No comments:
Post a Comment