Wednesday, December 14 was the 2nd trimester ultrasound. This was actually the 3rd ultrasound I have had since I've been pregnant but the first where we could actually see what was going on. I was 22 weeks at that point. Not really knowing what to expect, as soon as the ultrasound tech put the wand on my stomach we came face to face with our little one for the first time. The appointment lasted a while and we were able to see hands and feet and head and even nostrils! We were laughing though because our little girl was moving sooo much that the tech couldn't get clear shots of some things within the 30 or so minutes we were in there. Since we didnt want to know what the sex was, the tech told us when to look away just in case "something popped out". Haha. Our tech wrote on a piece of paper what the sex was and immediately after we saw Dr. Moss to talk about the ultrasound, we took the envelope accross the street to the yummy Julia's Bakery so they could dye the inside of a cake either blue or pink for the reveal party we were having for the family the following Saturday. Here is a great profile view from the ultrasound.
Yes, that means Drew and I patiently waited 3 whole days not knowing whether we were having a boy or girl. I can't believe we made it that long! Next time I think we will just ask to know at the ultrasound! On Saturday we had family over at around 1:30 so we could cut the cake and find out together what we were having. It was very simple but one of the greatest moments of my life. Here is the cake.
Once everyone arrived we wanted to see what everyone thought we would be having. Here were the predictions. Mom P, Dad P, Erin, Drew, and Dad C all thought Boy. Mom C, Kyle and secretly myself all thought Girl. Drew and I started to cut the cake and I think after about a centimeter into the cake I could see that it was PINK! Well I freaked out and apparently didnt event finish cutting the cake because I was so excited to see pink. The next few minutes are a blur but here are some very unflattering photos to give you an idea of what it was like in the moment.
We are proud to announce that Emmeline Ann Perry is expected to enter the world sometime in late April. Drew and I love calling her by her name now and talking to her. She is VERY active and seems to be healthy based on the ultrasound and measurements taken. She is measuring a little small for 22 weeks but everything is proportionate and developing the way it should. I know I personally need to do a better job laying off the sweets and trying to get my 30 minutes of exercise a day. It's not easy during the Holiday season! I must say though, and Im sure I speak for Drew as well, that finding out we are expecting a little girl is the greatest Christmas gift we have ever received. Our next ultrasound and appointment is January 12 where they will look for a few things they couldnt see because Emmeline was moving so much.
Here are the latest facts about my pregnancy for all those that have been asking. :)
How far along? 22 weeks
How big is baby? Almost 1 pound
My weight gain? 11 lbs
Maternity clothes? Sweats, tshirts or maternity are all I can fit into right now. Having a hard time finding anywhere but Motherhood that sells cute clothes.
Sleep? Okay, waking at least 3 or 4 times per night for the restroom and getting use to sleeping on my side.
Cravings? Pears and chocolate covered pretzels
Best part about being pregnant? Feeling Emmeline moving in the mornings and just before bed.
Worst part? I've been getting bakaches from the extra weight and of course my skin is still just terrible.
What am I looking forward to? My next ultrasound on January 12 to see all the things they couldnt get on the last one.

No comments:
Post a Comment