Oh my how every week changes here at the Perry household. Here is just a "quick" update on how Drew, Emmeline and myself are doing.
Last Wednesday I was told that I couldnt go into work anymore due to the same issues with my blood pressure and I thought okay, I can work from home....wrong. After a lousy weekend of just not feeling well I had an appointment with my doctros at Vanderbilt yesterday to have an ultrasound and also see how my blood pressure was. Well a 9:00 am appointment turned into a 24 hour stay at Vanderbilt. My BP was way too high and blood work was slightly off so they wanted to monitor me overnight to make sure I dont have preeclampsia. Not to mention the ultrasound started to show signs that my BP was starting to effect the amount of blood getting from my placenta to Emmeline, since BP affects how the blood flows through the umbilical cord. After a night of good BP and good blood tests this morning, they sent me home on bed rest. Basically the cure for all this is just being lazy which is hard for me but if that's what I have to for Emmeline then I can be lazy for a few more weeks :) No walking, lifting, driving or standing very long. Thank goodness for our new recliner! Thank you Mom and Dad. We really need our little biscuit to bake for another 4-5 weeks...I got some steroids for that....
Emmeline is doing about the same as long as my BP stays down. I will say that Drew has been incredibly strong throughout this but is really beginning to stress. I cant imagine how he feels having to not only worry about little Emme but me too. Last night Drew stayed with me and slept in a tiny little pullout recliner and has done everything since getting back home, and I mean everything! Not only that but is still going to work and coaching his soccer team. Its so hard to sit back and feel so helpless watching him do everything but thats why God gave me Drew. I thank God every second for him and I want everyone to know how special he is to me. I couldnt do this without Drew.
I also have to say how wonderful our family has been through this. Yesterday Erin and Rebecca (sister and mother-in-law) took me to the hospital for my checkup and when it turned into a much longer visit Rebecca sat with me until 2:00 while Erin took Grant, my nephew home and drove all the way back from Spring Hill to Vanderbilt to get Rebecca when Drew got there. Not to mention that Jay, my brother-in-law came home from work just to watch Grant so Erin could get back to Vandy. Then later that night, since we had no overnight things, my parents drove all the way in to bring us some things at 7:00 and took Charlie in for the evening so we didnt have to worry about him. Again the blessings are poured down over us constantly and no one will ever know how much these little things mean to us.
We are getting close and I am having my shower this weekend which I am soo excited for. I cant wait to post pictures of the loving and close friends that are coming in to share this wonderful time with me.
I will start seeing a midwife next week a couple times every week and have a few other appointments lined up to keep tabs on Emmeline. Right now the biggest sign I have that she is doing well is that she is a noodle and a half! She moves constanly which means her brain is doing great and she is getting what she needs. Happy girl!
Again thank you for the love and prayers we are recieving daily. Its what has gotten us through this far. We love sharing our journey with every person felt compelled to keep up with us and hope that our faith and story is a testament to the power of God's mercy and love. We cant wait to share our miracle with everyone.
Been there with the bed rest with Ben & Rachel....now just make sure you don't feel guilty about everyone waiting on you and doing EVERYTHING and you staying down! Prayers and more prayers coming your way!
ReplyDelete